Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tony Fest


A couple weeks ago we, Crimes in Modern Architecture, played at TonyFest 2008 in Southworth, WA.
It was a pretty great set-up and was very conducive to relaxation and enjoying live music, grilled food, beer, homemade blackberry cobbler, and whatever else this world has to offer. After playing as a group had been on hold as Vernon (our drummer) prepared the studio for our rehearsing/recording needs, this opportunity was the perfect environment to re-introduce ourselves to playing music before an audience without feeling rushed, struggling with horrible sound, being unenthusiastically greeted by an indifferent crowd, etc... I left the stage grateful of the opportunity and excited about what lies ahead. Also, the entire line-up was full of very enjoyable acts. Too many to explicitly mention being that nobody reads this.
Vern made a hilarious .gif file that the picture above was extracted from. It is an animation that presents a series of shots of me that made me realize I make outlandish faces all the time when I'm playing. If I can figure out how to get it to display correctly I'll post it.

No comments: